Black Friday, the biggest shopping event of the year, is just around the corner on November 24, 2023.
Table of Contents
Black Friday is a day filled with incredible deals and discounts that allow consumers to save big on a wide range of products. To help you navigate through the Black Friday shopping season and make the most of your money, we have compiled a comprehensive guide that covers everything you need to know. From pre-Black Friday sales to the best deals and trends, we have got you covered.
Black Friday 2023 Predictions
As Black Friday approaches, it’s important to stay informed about the shopping trends and predictions for this year’s event. Here are some key expectations for Black Friday 2023:
1. Sales continue to start early in the season: The trend of “Black Friday creep” is here to stay, with retailers starting their sales earlier each year. Pre-Black Friday deals have been popping up as early as October, and major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart have already hosted significant sales. While doorbusters and hot items may sell out quickly, online deals are expected to last throughout the entire long weekend.
2. More mobile and app shopping: Retailers have been investing in improving their mobile shopping experiences, and it’s paying off. According to Adobe Analytics Insights, mobile sales have been increasing year after year, with 55% of sales on Thanksgiving and 51% during Cyber Week in 2021 coming from smartphones. This trend is expected to continue, with more shoppers turning to their mobile devices to make purchases.
3. Retail memberships take center stage: Retailers are increasingly offering exclusive savings to customers who join their rewards programs. Amazon, Best Buy, and Target are just a few examples of brands that provide membership perks. Target, for instance, offers daily deals exclusively to its Circle Members, while Best Buy provides early access to Black Friday deals for My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members. Walmart is also offering early access to Black Friday sales for Walmart+ members.
4. The popularity of buy now, pay later programs: Buy now, pay later programs have gained traction in recent years, and Black Friday 2022 saw a significant increase in their usage. According to Adobe Analytics Insights, orders under these programs rose by 85% and revenue increased by 88% compared to the prior week. This trend is expected to continue into Black Friday 2023, with more shoppers opting for flexible payment options.
The Rise of Pre-Black Friday Sales
One noticeable trend in recent years is the increasing popularity of pre-Black Friday sales. Retailers have started rolling out discounts and promotions well before the official Black Friday date. This shift allows consumers to snag deals earlier and avoid the rush and potential stock shortages on the actual day. Pre-Black Friday sales have been observed as early as October and extend into November.
Retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart have been at the forefront of this trend, offering significant discounts on a wide range of products. For example, Amazon’s early Black Friday sale started on November 8, both online and in stores. Best Buy launched its early Black Friday deals on October 30, providing customers with ample time to take advantage of the savings.
Lowe’s and Home Depot have also joined the pre-Black Friday bandwagon, offering sales throughout November. These retailers have been hosting pre-Black Friday sales alongside their official Black Friday promotions. By starting early, retailers aim to capture the attention of shoppers and generate excitement for the upcoming Black Friday event.
The Growing Importance of Mobile and App Shopping
With the increasing prevalence of smartphones, mobile shopping has become a significant part of the Black Friday experience. Retailers have recognized the importance of providing a seamless mobile shopping experience to attract and retain customers.
According to Adobe Analytics Insights, mobile sales accounted for a significant portion of Black Friday and Cyber Week sales in recent years. In 2021, 55% of sales on Thanksgiving and 51% during Cyber Week were made through smartphones. This upward trend highlights the growing preference for mobile shopping.
To cater to this demand, retailers have been investing in improving their mobile apps and optimizing their websites for mobile browsing. They have also been offering exclusive deals and promotions to customers who complete their purchases through their mobile apps. These incentives encourage shoppers to download the retailer’s app and make their purchases conveniently from their mobile devices.
The rise of mobile and app shopping has made it easier than ever for consumers to browse and buy products on the go. With just a few taps, shoppers can find and purchase the items they want, making the Black Friday experience more accessible and convenient.
Retail Memberships Take Center Stage
In recent years, retail memberships have become a significant trend during the Black Friday shopping season. Retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Target have been promoting exclusive savings and benefits available only to their rewards program members.
Retailer memberships come in various forms. Some programs, like Target’s Circle, are free to join, allowing customers to access special deals and offers. On the other hand, programs like Amazon Prime require a paid subscription but provide members with additional benefits such as free two-day shipping.
This Black Friday season, Target has launched a Deal of the Day program exclusively for Circle Members, offering a new deal each day. Best Buy is providing early access to Black Friday deals for My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members. Walmart is offering Walmart+ members three hours of early access to its Black Friday sales.
These retail membership programs aim to reward loyal customers and provide them with an enhanced shopping experience. By offering exclusive deals and benefits, retailers incentivize customers to join their programs and become repeat shoppers.
The Popularity of Buy Now, Pay Later Programs
Buy now, pay later programs have been steadily gaining popularity as a payment option during the Black Friday shopping season. These programs allow consumers to make purchases and pay for them in installments, often with no interest or fees.
Black Friday 2022 saw a significant increase in the usage of buy now, pay later programs. According to Adobe Analytics Insights, orders under these programs rose by 85% and revenue increased by 88% compared to the prior week. This surge in popularity can be attributed to the flexibility and convenience that these programs offer to shoppers.
By opting for buy now, pay later programs, consumers can spread out their payments over time, making it easier to manage their budgets during the holiday season. This payment option appeals to shoppers who want to take advantage of Black Friday deals but may not have the funds to pay upfront.
Furthermore, retailers have been partnering with buy now, pay later providers to offer special promotions and discounts for customers who use these programs. This additional incentive encourages shoppers to choose this payment option and enjoy the benefits it provides.
Best Early Black Friday Deals
Early Black Friday deals are a great way to get a head start on your holiday shopping and save money. Retailers have been offering impressive discounts and promotions in the weeks leading up to Black Friday. Here are some of the best early Black Friday deals to look out for:
1. Apple Watch Series 8, GPS, 41mm: Target is offering a 19% discount on the Apple Watch Series 8, bringing the price down to $324.99 from the original $399.
2. Apple Airpods 2nd Gen: Walmart has a fantastic deal on the Apple Airpods 2nd Gen, with a 46% discount, bringing the price down to $69 from the original $129.
3. Dyson Outsize+ Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: Amazon is offering a 34% discount on the Dyson Outsize+ Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, bringing the price down to $629.99 from the original $949.99.
4. Beats Solo³ Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones: Target has a great deal on the Beats Solo³ Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones, with a 35% discount, bringing the price down to $129 from the original $199.
5. LEGO Architecture Statue of Liberty: Amazon is offering a 21% discount on the LEGO Architecture Statue of Liberty, bringing the price down to $94.99 from the original $119.99.
These are just a few examples of the early Black Friday deals available. It’s important to keep an eye out for sales from your favorite retailers and check their websites regularly for the best deals.
Black Friday Sale Dates
To help you plan your Black Friday shopping strategy, here are the sale dates for some major retailers:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Their Black Friday sale starts on November 19 and runs through to November 25.
- Amazon: Amazon’s Black Friday sale starts on November 17 and runs through to November 27, including Cyber Monday.
- Best Buy: Early Black Friday deals started on October 30. Best Buy’s official Black Friday sale starts on November 17.
- Costco: Early Black Friday Savings starts on November 13. Costco’s official Black Friday sale starts on November 23.
- Home Depot: Home Depot’s month-long Black Friday savings started on November 1. The official Black Friday sale is on November 23.
- JCPenney: JCPenney’s Black Friday sale starts on November 17 and runs through to November 26, with special in-store savings on November 24.
- Kohl’s: Kohl’s official Black Friday sale starts on November 19 and runs through to November 24.
- Lowe’s: Lowe’s Black Friday Everyday Deals sale runs from November 9 to November 15.
- Macy’s: Black Friday Early Access started on November 10. Macy’s official Black Friday sale starts on November 19.
- Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club’s Instant Savings event runs from November 1 to 22. The Black Friday sale will start on November 23.
- Target: Early Black Friday deals started on October 29. Each week, new deals will be released until Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend.
- Walmart: Walmart’s first Black Friday sale started on November 8 online and November 10 in stores. Walmart’s official Black Friday sale starts online on November 22 and in stores on November 24.
These are just a few retailers, and many more will be offering Black Friday deals. Make sure to check the websites of your favorite retailers for specific sale dates and times.
Black Friday Ads to Look Out For
Black Friday ads are a valuable resource for finding the best deals and planning your shopping strategy. Here are some of the retailers who have released or will be releasing their Black Friday ads:
- Bass Pro Shops
- Best Buy
- Gerber Childrenswear
- Home Depot
- Sam’s Club
These ads provide a sneak peek into the discounts and promotions that will be available during the Black Friday season. Keep an eye out for these ads and use them to plan your shopping list and prioritize the deals you want to take advantage of.
Past and Future Black Friday Dates
To give you an idea of past and future Black Friday dates, here are some notable dates:
- Black Friday 2016: November 25, 2016
- Black Friday 2017: November 24, 2017
- Black Friday 2018: November 23, 2018
- Black Friday 2019: November 29, 2019
- Black Friday 2020: November 27, 2020
- Black Friday 2021: November 26, 2021
- Black Friday 2022: November 25, 2022
- Black Friday 2023: November 24, 2023
- Black Friday 2024: November 29, 2024
- Black Friday 2025: November 28, 2025
- Black Friday 2026: November 27, 2026
- Black Friday 2027: November 26, 2027
These dates can help you plan ahead and mark your calendars for future Black Friday sales.
Frequently Asked Questions About Black Friday
Is Black Friday the same date every year? Yes, Black Friday always falls on the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is always the fourth Thursday in November.
How often does Black Friday occur? Black Friday occurs once a year, but you may come across sales with the term “Black Friday” throughout the year, such as Black Friday in July sales.
When is Black Friday 2023? Black Friday 2023 will take place on Friday, November 24. However, sales and promotions are likely to start earlier, with official sales potentially beginning at the start of Thanksgiving and Black Friday week.
Is Black Friday the best time to shop for deals? Black Friday offers some of the best savings of the year across various product categories. However, seasonal products like summer apparel and backyard gear may not be included in Black Friday sales since they are not typically in stock during this time.
Are most stores open on Black Friday? Yes, most brick-and-mortar retailers open their doors to shoppers on Black Friday. However, in recent years, it has become less common for retailers to be open on Thanksgiving Day.
Expert Recommendations: ZDNET’s Advice
When it comes to making informed buying decisions, it’s essential to rely on expert advice and recommendations. ZDNET is a trusted source that provides thorough research, testing, and comparison shopping to assist consumers in making smarter purchasing choices.
ZDNET’s editorial team works diligently to deliver accurate information and knowledgeable advice on a wide range of tech gear and other products and services. Their articles are extensively reviewed and fact-checked to ensure the highest standards of quality and reliability.
By following ZDNET’s recommendations, you can gain valuable insights into the best products and services available on the market. Their unbiased approach ensures that the information you receive is not influenced by advertisers, guaranteeing that you make well-informed decisions based on accurate and trustworthy information.
Black Friday 2023 is shaping up to be an exciting shopping season, with early sales, mobile shopping, retail memberships, and buy now, pay later programs taking center stage. By staying informed about the latest trends and deals, you can make the most of your Black Friday shopping experience.
Remember to sign up for retailers’ email newsletters, set up accounts on their websites for a seamless checkout process, and do your research to make wise purchasing decisions. Keep an eye out for early Black Friday deals and take advantage of the discounts available.
With our comprehensive guide, you are well-equipped to navigate the Black Friday shopping season and score the best deals. Happy shopping!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only. Prices and deals mentioned are subject to change. Please check with retailers for the most up-to-date information and availability.
Read More : The Future Of AI In E-Commerce: Amazon’s Game-Changing Generative AI For Advertisers
Read More: What’s New In AI At The End Of 2023
Read More: Top 5 AI Tools For Business 2023
Read More: Top 12 Advantages Of AI In Ecommerce 2023