Meditation offers numerous benefits, including spiritual ones, such as spiritual awakening and self-realization. Things Meditation Do Spiritually involves various techniques, both ancient and modern, such as guided and unguided meditation. Online guided meditations are available for those seeking assistance, while others can learn self-meditation online to embark on their own spiritual journey.
Table of Contents
What is Meditation ?
Meditation is a technique through which we retrieve our mind from outward senses and bring it back to the inner self. From outer chaos to inner stillness, from outer noise to inner silence, from outer distractions to inner being. It is a delicate art of handling our own Chattering, notorious most Difficult to control Mind. Meditation is the art of Listening to Superconsciousness or in other words getting in sync with Nature.
According To an Indian Text “Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra” there are 112 Meditation Techniques Taught by Lord Shiva to Mother Divine.
The Biggest Secret Of Meditation
Many Of us think that meditation is concentration on something or focusing on something. But The secret that most people do not understand is that meditation actually is Art of Doing Nothing. Focus and concentration are all the byproducts of Meditation.
How many types of meditation ?
Mainly There are 2 types of meditations.
- Guided Meditation : In this type of meditation you have to listen and follow the instructions and with the help of instructions, the instructor takes you to the depth of your being slowly and easily. If you are a Beginner you can start with Guided Meditation as you just have to listen to the instructions. This Type of meditation do spiritually uplift you and make you more relaxed and aware.
- Unguided Meditation : In this type of meditation We usually take help of a mantra to start and let meditation happen. This Meditation do spiritually so many wonders in our consciousness as in this meditation we even withdraw the sense of hearing from the outside world to the inner world and can touch the deepest levels of our consciousness.
States Of our Consciousness
There are 4 states of our consciousness in which 4th and the highest and the deepest is Turiya. So first is Waking, second is Sleeping, third is Dreaming and fourth is Turiya which is beyond all other states that is the deepest state of our consciousness in meditation when we are not waking, not sleeping, not even dreaming.
Spiritual Benefits Of Meditation ?
Meditation holds immense benefits in the realm of spirituality.
- In Hinduism, it is regarded as a path to self-realization, allowing individuals to gain a deeper understanding of their true nature and place in the universe.
- By quieting the mind and focusing on the present moment, meditation unveils the illusions and ignorance that cloud one’s perception, leading to the state of enlightenment. Enlightenment, the ultimate goal, frees individuals from suffering and reveals the true nature of reality
- .Furthermore, meditation is seen as a means to attain moksha, the liberation from the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. By purifying the mind and body, meditation aids in uniting with the divine and achieving this state of ultimate freedom.
- Meditation, when practiced with dedication, offers a myriad of spiritual benefits. It allows individuals to delve into deep states of consciousness where they can experience profound control over their physical being. Through meditation, one can achieve remarkable feats like reducing the heart rate to 1-2 beats per minute, regulating body temperature, and even having conscious command over the breath.
- Meditation nurtures and enhances intuitive abilities. By quieting the mind and entering deeper states of awareness, practitioners can tap into heightened levels of intuition. This heightened intuition opens the doors to greater insights, guidance, and a profound connection with the infinite knowledge present in the universe.
In essence, meditation serves as a conduit for expanded spiritual awareness, transcending the limitations of the physical realm. It provides a gateway to a vast realm of spiritual experiences and abilities that go beyond the ordinary boundaries of human perception. Through the practice of meditation, individuals can unlock their inherent spiritual potential and embark on a transformative journey of self-discovery, inner growth, and profound connection with the limitless aspects of existence.
In addition to spiritual benefits, meditation has a profound impact on mental and physical well-being. It cultivates inner peace by reducing stress, calming the mind, and improving focus and concentration. This practice also enhances wisdom, providing insights into the nature of reality and fostering compassion and empathy for others. Moreover, meditation boosts creativity by clearing the mind of clutter and allowing new ideas to flow.
Lastly, meditation has been scientifically linked to various health benefits, including stress and anxiety reduction, alleviation of depression, improved sleep quality, enhanced immune system functioning, and lowered blood pressure.
In essence, meditation encompasses the dimensions of spirituality, mental well-being, and physical health, offering a holistic approach to self-realization, enlightenment, and overall wellness.
Some Ancient and Latest Techniques of Meditation
|A type of mindfulness meditation that involves paying attention to the present moment without judgment.
|Increased focus, awareness, and self-regulation. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
|A type of meditation that involves focusing on the present moment and letting go of thoughts and emotions.
|Increased focus, concentration, and mindfulness. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
|A type of meditation that involves repeating a word, phrase, or sound over and over again.
|Hindu and Buddhist
|Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved focus, concentration, and memory.
|A specific type of mantra meditation that involves repeating a mantra silently.
|Increased focus, concentration, and relaxation. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
|Listening to a pre-recorded or live meditation that guides you through the process of meditation.
|Increased relaxation, focus, and mindfulness. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
|Cultivating feelings of love, compassion, and kindness towards oneself and others.
|Reduced stress, anxiety, and anger. Increased feelings of empathy, compassion, and connection.
|Creating a mental image or scene.
|Increased relaxation, focus, and creativity. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
|Focusing on the seven chakras, or energy centers, in the body.
|Increased balance, harmony, and well-being. Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression. Improved physical and mental health.
Online Guided Meditations ?
Nowadays, especially during and after COVID-19 lockdowns, the number of meditations available online has increased. Many Spiritual Gurus, Institutions, Spiritual Organizations and even other people have started posting online guided meditations. Moreover the number of people searching for online meditations have also increased as people are becoming aware of multiple benefits meditations offer.
But Meditation is something which you should definitely learn from some authorized trained qualified experienced person. As some doing any meditation from any video available online can lead to negative impact on your nervous system specially Kundalini and Chakra meditations. This type of meditation should be with highly qualified and experienced person.
You can try some Guided Meditations on youtube by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as he has been teaching meditations for more than 40 years now.
How to do Self-Guided Meditation
If you want to learn self meditation or self-guided meditation. One of the best and easiest self-meditation learning workshops is offered by The Art Of Living known as Sahaj Samadhi® Meditation. It is a very easy technique of meditation but at the same time a very powerful meditation Technique with multiple Physical, mental, emotional as well as spiritual benefits.
How can you Go Deep in Meditations
List of few things that can help you get deep in meditation.
- Watch your diet. If you are eating fast food, stale food, non-veg food, fried food, and spicy food. Eating too much or too little can restrict your ability to go into deep meditations.
- Less Physical activity. When physical activity is very less, the mind remains scattered; it can restrict your ability to go into deep meditations.